Brazil Peacock Bass Fishing
You have heard the stories about the beautiful and powerful peacock bass and their heart-stopping, lure-smashing topwater strikes. One of our real specialties at Rod & Gun Resources is carefully organizing and escorting peacock bass fishing trips to the rainforest in Brazil for this great gamefish. We have sent literally thousands of serious peacock bass fishing anglers to Brazil over the last decade and we know the virgin rivers and lagoons where large populations of giant peacock bass live unmolested—from the Marmelos River south of Manaus to the newly—explored Marié River in far north near the Colombian border.
On our trips, many (or all) the peacock bass you cast to have never seen a lure or fly. Rod & Gun Resources’ fishermen commonly catch 20 to 30 peacock bass each day, from 3 to 6-pound "butterflies" to the 12 to 25-pound "barred" or "paca" super-lunkers and there is always the chance for a real monster. The current IGFA all-tackle world peacock bass record came from this region and we have come very close to breaking the record many times. We offer the best peacock bass fishing in Brazil, both for numbers and size of fish.
Lunker Brazil Peacock Bass."What a great trip. Our group of eight caught lots of fish, including 175 peacock bass of 12 pounds or more and 22 lunkers of 20 pounds or more. I personally caught 17, 20 and 15 pounders on three consecutive casts!" Charles Hrdlicka, San Antonio, TX
The two keys to this extraordinary peacock bass fishing are:
- Our outfitter whisks fishermen via state-of-the-art Cessna Caravan aircraft directly from the Manaus, Brazil airport to pristine fishing locations far (often hundreds of miles) from the overfished melee of competing lodges and houseboats-and lands right at their camp or yacht accommodations, and
- The "Cabin Barge" concept is a breakthrough in placing comfortable, air-conditioned accommodations in previously inaccessible locations. Each set of barges draws only about four inches of water, which enables us to travel virtually anywhere, avoiding natural barriers such as waterfalls and too-shallow river mouths. The combination of the fly-in and the mobility eliminates competition from other people, whether they are sportsmen or native fishermen. Consequently, this is your best chance for the best in peacock bass fishing success.
"Our January group came back extremely impressed with your program. Benny, my guide on the Jufari, is head and shoulders above any guide or fisherman I have ever met. He could do anything - get out impossible backlashes, mend reels, fix and tune Woodchoppers, and his eyes were like radar.. The meals were exquisitely prepared and I should have married Ruth, our cook, and brought her back to the States with me. Our best peacock bass fishing trip ever!" Barry Reynolds, Denver, CO
Please click on the menu items below or at the top of the page for more detailed information and lots of photos to better acquaint you with Brazil's best:
- Trophy peacock bass fishing: $5,595, plus $750 float plane charter (if required) per angler per week for the Barge Camps - Exclusive Rivers or $6995 for the Marié River. The trips are currently Saturday to Saturday, subject to change. Air travel from Miami to Manaus, Brazil is usually around $1000 round-trip. Ground transfers are included. The program offers 6 to 6-1/2 days fishing.
- PRIME TIME
- August through March
- TRAVEL LOGISTICS (Subject to Change)
- Anglers should make their own air travel arrangements from their home city to Manaus, Brazil. Currently the applicable U.S. to Manaus flights are on either American Airlines or TAM Brazilian Airlines from Miami, Florida. Fishing dates, once in Brazil, are Saturday to Saturday including the travel to and from the camps. To start your trip, plan to arrive in Manaus on Friday. Upon arrival, guests are met and transferred to the nearby Tropical Hotel (double occupancy) for overnight and rest prior to the air charter to camp. The air charters will depart Manaus around 7 a.m. Saturday, so you must arrive in Manaus on Friday. All guests are returned to Manaus the following Saturday and will go directly to the airport for return flight to the U.S. Please remember that these schedules as listed above are always subject to change and you should not issue air tickets until you check with our office.
- Please remember that these schedules as listed above are always subject to change and you should not issue air tickets until you check with our office.
- A color brochure, video and references are available. You might also find our Peacock Bass Fishing Pre-Trip Planning and Packing Information helpful. Check out our Peacock Bass Blog to read about the peacock bass fishing experience from pros and our clients.
- Click here for frequently asked questions and their answers.